- Adam, by his fall brought sin into our souls
- Adam by his fall brought disease into our bodies
- Sin is therefore the work of the devil
- Disease is therefore the work of the devil.
But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed.
- Jesus became flesh to “destroy the works of the devil” (1 John 3:8) – in the soul
- Jesus became flesh to “destroy the works of the devil” (1 John 3:8) – in the body
“Jesus “went around doing good and healing all who were oppressed of the devil” (Acts 10:38)
God’s names declare His nature and His intention
- JEHOVAH – TSIDKENU – The LORD of all righteousness..Provision for our souls
Righteousness means morally right or justifiable but some of its synonyms are: blameless, guiltless, holy, innocent, just, sinless
- JEHOVAH-RAPHA– The Lord That Heals …”I am the God who heals you”. Provision for our bodies.
At Calvary Jesus bore our sins
1 Peter 2:24
“He himself bore our sins” in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by these wounds we have been healed
BUT before He was crucified He was scourged. It is by these wounds we have been healed
So “before you were saved you were healed”. So if you are saved by the work of Christ then you are (current tense – Is 53) or have been (past tense – 1 Peter) healed.
- Read Is 53 and 1 Peter
Note : Do not simply read it through once…as though it is something you already know all about . Read it several times…feeding on the revealed truths and the challenges.
- Pray for revelation.
- Meditate on these verse and the fact that it was included in Jesus’ plan when He came. Ask God to open it up to you. Read the verses slowly and take it ALL in.
Don’t rationalise the scriptures away. Don’t ignore them. Don’t discount them. Don’t spiritualise them.
Ask yourself the following questions about the scriptures and the reasons for His coming and the work He accomplished.
Q: Why did He come?
Q: Why does God, through Jesus, bother to heal us? Isnt salvation enough
Q: What does atonement mean
Q: Is healing for everyone or only those who are saved?
The next time you pray for someone, bring to mind the revelation you received through this scripture.