GO Church Vision, Strategy and Values Summary
WHY SHOULD WE GO?
It’s obvious when we read Christ’s directives to the disciples that His plan was always for us to Go…and “do the
stuff” (thanks to John Wimber)
Lk 9:2 ‘and he sent them out to preach the kingdom of God and to heal the sick‘
Mt 10:7 ‘As you GO, preach this message: ‘The kingdom of heaven is near.’
Jn 20:21 Again Jesus said, “Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you.
and the disciples did what He told them to do
Mk 16:20 (a)” Then the disciples went out and preached everywhere’
and as they did what He told them to do
Mk 16:20(b) “…the Lord worked with them and confirmed his word by the signs that accompanied it.”
The disciples were once told to stay and wait.
Lk 24:49 I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high.”
Since the event they were waiting for has now come…we now need to Go…..finally He says to all generations.
Mt 28:19 “……GO and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit…”
What should the world expect to see from The Church of Christ?
John the Baptist asked Jesus “Are you the one who is to come?”
Jesus replied, “Go back and report to John what you hear and see: The blind receive sight, the lame walk, those who have leprosy are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, and the good news is pro- claimed to the poor
GO Church Vision
- To see our town and nation transformed by the presence and power of the living God through His Body the Church – the people of God.
- A nation changed and delivered from death to Life.
- GO – the Church
- God has called us to be a haven of peace and safety for all who come, a place of healing, restoration, deliverance, envisioning and commissioning.
GO Church : Strategy and Values
How – Strategy
- To be accomplished through planting thousands of Spirit filled, God loving churches, “a Church on every street corner”…… “The Church in the house of …..”
- Filled with people who are filled with The Spirit who become the leaders of new church plants.
- The Churches to be places of transformation for all who come – even those who no one wants will become the people that everyone will want
- Through becoming a family of Churches with families of people within each, praying and working together for a common goal – each one owning the vision and carrying part of the load in seeing it fulfilled.
- Encouraging the release of every gift in every person and providing an environment of encouragement where each person can fulfil their destiny in God Church Values , Beliefs and Fruit
- Everyone is a minister
- Family – caring, supporting, encouraging- all age groups
- Honour at all times – for and from everyone
- A safe haven for all who come
- A worshiping a praying community
- Concerned for the lost and hurting in and outside the Church
- Welcoming to all – no in-groups or cliques.
- Everyone willing to pull together and work hard for the common goal
- An encouraging and enabling environment where each one has opportunity to fulfil their destiny in God
- Committed to seeing God’s order in our society
- All gifts released in all and active, serving God’s purpose
- Looking for The Holy Spirit’s leading at all times. Signs, wonders and miracles
- Demonstrating the Kingdom on earth—signs wonders and miracles—The gospel preached to the poor.
- Outward looking – not self-centred
- GO not stay. Active lifestyle evangelism validated by signs following
- Committed to making disciples
- Committed to unity in The Body of Christ as far as it be up to us.
- Seeing itself as part of one body….Kingdom perspective
- Relevant but without compromise
- Not concerned with meetings as much as with the presence of God
- Servant Leadership